A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spinner card

This card looked better in my head than it does in reality, but oh well.  However, I LOVE this spinner card idea, and the fact that this racket spins and slides across the card.

Ok, I made this for a friend of mine who has been teaching me how to play tennis, with the ultimate goal of being able to whoop my boyfriend on the court.  HAHA, anyway....she has been great, so I wanted to do something a little extra, and decided to try my first spinner card.  The file was uploaded to the MTC gallery by a generous user, and I followed the instructions in the file.  There are also instructions on Split Coast Stampers for this type of card.  You would not believe how easy it was to make this!  All you need are some pop dots, a couple of pennies, and some cardstock.  The racket and balls are embellishments from Jolie's Boutique, and the background paper is DCWV.  I'm posting two separate pictures with the racket in different positions, so you can somewhat get the idea of what this card does!  I was tempted to make a video a few seconds long of me just spinning and sliding the racket, but not really.  That would be silly...so, thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    I think it turned out cute. I love how the racket looks.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!