A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Pink Stamper Challenge

This is the first challenge I have ever done, so I'm not sure this is going to be good, but here goes!  The challenge was to make a Father's Day project, and this was big for me.  My dad was buried the day before Father's Day 2005, after being killed in a car accident earlier that week.  It's crazy how much I still miss him after 5 years, so this was actually rather cathartic for me.  The story behind this card is this: when I bought my house, he was the one who fixed everything that needed fixing.  It didn't matter that he lived 30 minutes away - if I called him at 10:00 at night and something happened in the house, he got in his car and headed up to my house, tools in tow!  So in that way, and so many others, he was my hero!  He also did all of the work on all of our cars in the family, so this was my idea of the perfect card for me to honor him.

The man and outfit are from Paper Dolls cut at 4" tall, Peachy Keen stamps supplied the face, and the "My Hero" is from Stand and Salute.  The tools are from an MTC file in the gallery, the cardstock is SU!, and the mat is from DCWV Rustic Stack.  Thanks for visiting, and I hope I'm submitting this in time, Robyn!  PS - Missy - doesn't this really look like him, hairline and forehead wrinkles and all???  LOL!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is a bitter sweet story. I love tat you made the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute! Your memories of your father are really neat, I'm sure he's looking down at you with a big smile. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is devastating, no matter how long its been. Beautiful card paying tribute to him. Thank you for sharing it and the story. May he rest in peace and smile upon you. ~Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, that does look just like him. Good job on the card and yes, he was always there for everyone at anytime.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!