A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's been a while!

I just realized that this is the longest I have gone without posting since I started my blog!  WOW!  Well, I have been busy, but the projects I'm working on right now are longer ones.  I have a couple more baby shirts coming in the next couple of days, but they are still a work in progress.

Here was a quick project I did today, and it is courtesy of a free SVG I found on the web for MTC.  Just Google "chess pieces svg" if you want to find it, because I truly do not remember where I got it, sorry!  So, here is the story on this.  My boyfriend absolutely hates his first name, which is Jason, so he goes by his last name, which, obviously, is Bishop.  He likes it so much that he got the bishop chess piece tattooed onto his right upper arm.  Therefore, when I found this SVG, I immediately knew what I wanted to do.  I used a free font called Black Forest, cut the vinyl, used Armour Etch, and here it is!  PS - photographing an etching is NOT easy.  I had to hold this up to a light fixture in the dining room to get it properly!  Anyway, thanks for visiting, and I have lots more coming this week!

2 comments:

  1. your etched glass looks so pretty, i have yet to do this, looking at your project makes me want to !!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!