I finally finished this puppy. Wow....I am embarrassed to admit how long it actually took me, so let's just say it took a while to do. I used my Gypsy and started with the very first cut in the handbook, making it as large as possible on the 12x24 virtual mat. I then made all of the layers scaled to that first one, by selecting it, going to the overlay and selecting the next layer, going back to the mat and ungrouping, then copying to the next layer, and so on. Is that too confusing?? If enough people would like to see it, I can make a video of how I did it on the Gypsy.
So, then I used Tim Holtz to dab silver ranger ink to break up the black. I did it mainly on the roof and fence pieces, to make it look a bit distressed. I followed the instructions directly from the handbook, so it was actually pretty easy. Designing the layers and cutting it all took a while too. Phew, but it's done!! I'm pretty happy with it, and it definitely can be made smaller. This turned out quite large, measuring 18"H x 12"W x 12"D. These pictures are from all four sides of the house. And with that, I am off to Washington, DC, for a nice long weekend! My boyfriend is 29 and has never been there, so we are headed down tonight! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I promise - no more Halloween stuff for a while. LOL!