A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Haunted house take 2!!

A couple of months back, I did a test run of the hautned house from Happy Hauntings, and I was pretty happy with the way it came out, but it was definitely a practice run.  This time, I cut it all on the scale of a 12x12 mat, making the final product about 9" tall, so it's a much better size for decoration purposes.  The one that I cut earlier was to the 12x24 scale, and it was just too cumbersome and bulky.  This one is currently sitting on top of the speaker, which is on top of my boyfriend's entertainment center - he was SOOO happy about this...LOL!




For this one, I scaled all of the pieces in the Gypsy, and cut a couple of ghosts, trees, and spiderwebs from Happy Hauntings to go on it.  I also used Core'dinations cardstock for the roof pieces, and sanded it to bring out the green.  I then used a little bit of white ink on the railing pieces, just to give it a little bit of an old and weathered look.  I also put a battery operated tea light inside of it, but obviously did not get a picture of it lit up right now.  The windows are all vellum, so the light would show through nicely, and the trees are 4" and 5" tall. I may put something on/in the trees, but for right now, this is good enough.  Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. I like the haunted house, looks great. The trees are awesome too.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!