A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

MTC update!!!


For those of you who have not tried, or even considered Make The Cut software, I wanted to share a little bit about the new update today. First, tracing coloring pages is easier than ever now, and it gives a cleaner cut. But here is a little sample done with the new text to path feature. Above is a screen cap of it inside the actual program, before cutting. This is a sample the creator used in demonstrating all of the new features, and I duplicated it to practice.
For this next picture, I typed out "This is fun!", and then clicked on an option to put the text in a circle.  It literally is done for you in the program, so all you have to do is type out your phrase.  Then, I copied it a few times, and warped the images differently each time, which you see here.  The top left is just a simple text to path, with the letters welded, and the other three are unwelded, with some degree of warping.  I am showing the negative images because this is mostly what it will be used for, at least in my opinion.  Cards and layouts can be taken to new levels!  I also showed the welded positive cut, just so you could see both. 

If you want to see it all in action, in a few days this new version should be available, and out of beta.  At that time, you can download the trial, play around, and see what you think.  You can find it here:
 http://www.make-the-cut.com/.  I will be working on lots ofstuff this week, so I will be posting projects soon.  Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, would you PLEASE contact my husband and explain why I "NEED" this program? I mean, its totally obvious to me, but he's being difficult! LOL! --- Just wanted to basically say "HI!" and thanks for keeping us up to date on what the program can offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Thanks Kim. He still said no... But its not for your lack of trying!!! Have to say that was super funny! I had such a good laugh on that one. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. And "Mr. Ducky" knows its only a matter of time before I figure out a way to make it happen. HA!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!