A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Father's Day


I made a couple of Father's Day cards, and let my boyfriend choose which one to send to his dad - this one lost out to the vest card (see below).  This is one inspired by Tammy over at Cricut Critters, and I used the new Billionaire and Celebrate with Flourish Lite carts.  (Side note - I almost bought the Cupcake wrappers, but recently discovered that I can MAKE any wrapper I want with the upgrade in MTC - WOO HOO!!!). 
The sentiment is from Celebrate, and the tie and vest from Billionaire.  I used SU paper for the vest, and the herringbone background is loose from Michael's.  I use plain cream cardstock for the tie, and then ran it through the swiss dots folder, then used a little brown ink on the dots.  I wanted to keep it super simple with thin pop dots and no buttons, because it has to be mailed via snail mail.  The inside is also very plain, with "Happy Father's Day" sentiment from Wild Card in the same houndstooth print as the vest.  I think that about covers it all, so thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!