A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Another spinner card

Well, I'm still not sure about this, but here it is.  This is another spinner card (told you I was addicted), and it is for my Mom's birthday Tuesday, and yes, there is a story here.  Unfortunately, both my Mom and I have the dubious distinction of, shall we say, always having seagulls "unload" on us at the beach.  Last year, I got it right on my neck/chest while walking on the boardwalk, and my boyfriend STILL talks about it.  My poor mom has been "hit" several times - the middle of her back, the top of her head, etc.  You get the idea.

So, I made this card with Life's a Beach (seagull, umbrella), Paper Dolls (Mom and bathing suit), and a couple of Jolee's Stickers (beach ball, towel, sunscreen), and the spinner card makes the seagull fly over her. The template was yet again from MTC, and on the inside I wrote a little bit about having a nice, relaxing birthday, but make sure you watch out for the seagulls.  She will laugh!  The cloud paper and sand are both loose sheets from Michael's, and I just hand tore the paper that looks like sand to give it that look.  So, watch out for seagulls flying overhead, and thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Kim,
    That is so cute, and the storyline is too too funny. I am sure your mom will get a big kick out of it.
    Thanks for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card. Mom will laugh for sure. And I still love those kitties. :o) Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim

    This story about you and your mom and the gulls is hilarious, and this card is just AWESOME she's gonna love it......

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!