A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

This is ONLY a test....

This box was made with MTC and a file from My Scrap Chick (link below).  I actually found 12x24 paper at Michael's from K & Company - finally!!  Some of the prints are so-so, and for me, this is one of them.  However, I wanted to try out this paper using it to make boxes and/or bags from files I bought recently, and the paper ended up being perfect for it! It's shiny on the white side, and just heavy enough to make a solid box, without the hassle of cutting chipboard and switching to a deep cut blade. 

Since this is just a dry run, I obviously need to play with proper dimensions for the heart overlay, but I am pretty excited about how the test run turned out for now.  I'm really hoping K & Company comes out with more packs of 12x24 paper (Spring/Christmas/Winter????), because I really think people will scoop it up for boxes and bags, whether you have the Cricut cartridge or use SVG's to cut.

This file is called "Spring Gift Box", and for those of you with MTC (like me) or SCAL, you can purchase it for only one dollar here:

http://www.myscrapchick.com/

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!