A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finally - a card!

This is for my niece's birthday Friday, and all cuts are from Simply Charmed.  I thought it turned out kind of cute.  I used DCWV Glitter stack for the card base, and a Recollections pack from Michaels for all of the cuts.  The "frosting" is DCWV glitter cardstock, and it had to be cut twice to go through.



I must say, I got the Roland blades in the mail yesterday and used them for these cuts and they are MUCH better than the Cricut blades.  They cut through the varnish on the cardstock perfectly, whereas the Cricut blades always have had a hard time doing that, so I'm happy with my new blades!  But I digress....I used SU! stamps and ink on the inside, and a white gel pen to add some dimension and a little pop.  This card has to go to Miami, so I didn;t want to make it 3D and have it get messed up in the mail.  I always keep snail mail cards simple and flat, boring as that is.  If you're interested in the blades, go here.  The 45 degree blades are equivalent to the standard blades and the 60 degree blades are equivalent to the deep cut.  Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    so happy to see you back. This card did not turn out "kind of cute", I think it turned out super cute.
    Thanks for link on the blades
    I also have a blog award for you :)
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' these fun and happy colors :) Perfect for a celebration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!