A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Get well card

I made this for my boyfriend for my family to sign, so I intentionally left it mostly blank.  I also intentionally used a crab on the front - JEEZ he has been crabby.  With very good reason, though.  Surgery went well yesterday, and he is on his way to recovery, two plates and 6 screws later.  Anyway, on to the card details!



I used a crab from a google freely distributed image, and then brought it into MTC to make into a cutting file.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the squares folder, and I cut the band aid from an MTC gallery file, so thank you to whoever uploaded that file!  I cut the top layer from vellum to give it a sheer look, then accentuated the holes with black marker.  The card base is from DCWV, the outside sentiment was printed and hand cut (boring, I know, but I just wanted to get it done and had to improvise having no crafting materials at that point in time), and the inside stamps are Clear Dollar Stamps on the top and a stamp from Michael's on the bottom.  Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. I would think he had a good reason for being crabby. :( Poor guy. coming from someone that has (2) 12" rods and numerous pins, I can totally sympathize. Give that man some love! As for the card, its great! Love the bandaid going across the claw too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Happy to hear that surgery went well.
    What a great card. I love the crab and the bandaid is such a cute touch
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is so cute! Love his expression. And the band-aid is great. Glad to hear he is on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!