A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine Monkey

This card was inspired by a gift my nephew gave my Mom last year for Valentine's day.  It was a red monkey that, when you press his hand, says, "Me bananas for you."  So I decided to make this for my Mom to give to him this year.  I embossed the body with the Hearts Cuttlebug folder, and the monkey and sentiment are from Sweethearts.  However, you can't see the best part of this card, which is the fact that I made an action wobble for this little guy, so that he swings back and forth.  It's so much fun, and I followed the tutorial here in order to make my own.  Maybe I will try to get a video of this wobbling and see how it turns out for posting.

On the inside, I put a rectangle on the mat in the Gypsy, then threw on a few of the heart XO cuts from Sweethearts.  I decided to take the inner portions of the O and the heart  in order to finish it off properly.  It didn't look right with them empty!  The paper is a loose pattern from Michael's, and the ribbon is also from M's.  I highly recommend checking out this video by the Paper Boutique for the wobbler instructions - I LOVE this.  I got the 26 gauge wire from the bead aisle in Michael's, if anyone is interested in trying it themselves.  Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Kim,
    This card is so so cute. I absolutely love it. I love the wobbly idea. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Yep, you gotta do a video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CUTE!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!