A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birthday card inspired by MPS challenge

First off, I did NOT enter this in Robyn's challenge for her design team call because, well, I'm not at that level.  LOL.  However, I was inspired to take up the challenge, since I had never actually done one before, and it came to me pretty quickly once I picked my theme.  This is a card for my friend whose birthday is next week, and I love this little cupcake from Create a Critter.  The tag is also from CAC, the stamps are from SU!, and the paper is from DCWV Glitter Stack.  I used some glitter on the cherry and Stickles on the stem, and the gems and ribbon are from Michael's.  The overall card is 5x7, and the cupcake is 3.5"x3.75".  To finish it off, I used Divine Swirls on the icing and Swiss dots on the base.  Well, that about covers it, so thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

  1. I've fallen in love with that cupcake. Today I received the Sweet Treat cartridge, I can't wait to use it since it was a ton of cupcakes. I love the bow, it looks really good! and the inside of the card is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Very cute!!!!

    I am having a cricut cart give away. Check out my blog for details:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - you most definitely should have entered this card - it is adorable. You never know until you try!!! Next time enter it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!