A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Flower birthday card

I decided to go with a classic look for this card.  I just used some paper flowers I had gotten from HSN a few years back, and made the scallop tag with the "Happy Birthday" in it.  The title is from Gypsy Wanderings, and the tag is from A Child's Year monogram function, with the letter contour hidden in the center.  Then I just put the Happy birthday inside it, and used the negative cut with the dark layer underneath.  Pretty clever, huh??  Lol.



So then I layered the flowers and put a half pearl int he center, put the ribbon under the tag, and on the inside, I offset the amts for a little visual interest.  Hope it doesn;t look too weird.  As always, the stamps are SU, and the card base is from DCWV Rustic Stack.  A few stickles to the right side of the tag on the front and it was done.  I hope the front doesn't need something more.  What do you think???

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!