A space to display my handmade cards and crafts!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Anniversary card

I made this for my boyfriend's parents' 30th, and the idea came to me in a brainstorm, after he told me that she displays my cards on her dresser.  This is actually the 3D frame from happy Hauntings, believe it or not.  I used my Gypsy, and put two frame bases on the mat.  I then flipped one and welded them together to make it into a card base.  I then hit the shift key for the cutout frame, so I avoided the cobweb look, being that it's an anniversary card!  The final cut from there was the stand for the frame.  For that, I layered a piece of thin cardboard between two cuts of color to give it some strength.



Then I moved on to Stretch Your Imagination for the bride and groom silhouette, using shadow and shadow blackout cuts.  Happy Anniversary came from Beyond Birthdays, and I also did a layering, blackout with that.  The frame print mat is from DCWV Garden Party, and the base is from the SU Rich Regals.  I have no idea if this color is retired or not, but it looks more maroon in the pic than what it actually is - it's more brownish in reality.  The stamp on the inside is from SU also, and the ribbon is from Michael's.  I added some half pearls to the front, and a 30 at the bottom, which I don't think you can see in the pics.

I think that about covers it all.  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, so THANK YOU!!